Reason2Smile works with schools and organizations to provide students with cultural learning and a deeper understanding of how we can help those in need – at home and abroad.
Reason2Smile has developed elementary level curriculum trunks that include a variety of teaching tools to introduce and enhance students’ understanding and appreciation of Kenyan life. The overall goal is for students to utilize the resource trunk material in order to critically analyze and explore life in the developing world.
The trunk includes:
- an assortment of picture books that represent themes such as Kenyan culture, language, wildlife conservation, universal education as well as , problems that face the developing world
- Kenyan crafts and jewelry
- Kenyan music and audio resources
- An array of lessons alignment to the common core learning standards
- A diverse range of graphic organizers aligned to the common core learning standards
- An introduction about the Jambo Jipya school and its founder Christine Mwende
- Pictures and brief biographies of a few of the students attending the school
The trunks are free and are loaned out for a four week period. The person requesting the truck is responsible for the contents of the truck.
Requests for the curriculum trunks can be made by contacting the following individuals:
For the New York City and Long Island areas: email Donna Rosenblum at email@example.com or call 516 377-0561
For the Lake Placid area: email Tammy Loewy firstname.lastname@example.org or call 518-669-1913
For the Central New York area: call Kitty Dates 315 730-6860 or email email@example.com
For the Montana area: email Jackie Gilmore at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 518 418-9347